Thursday, March 24, 2011

Last night

Setting up this blog was a rather large deal for me. I've blogged a couple of times, but for more personal gain. While this is still for personal gain, the whole world gets to read it. That's new, and a touch scary. However I truly believe I am in a great position to show how "normal" my life is. Hopefully many will infer that other trans people's lives are also "normal"and generally what you would expect from people of their gender at their age.

Last night, for example, was a regular kind of night. I came home from work not feeling all that well. I still don't feel well actually. I have a head cold in case you are curious. However, last night I had taken out chicken-apple sausage to make a pizza. I had fully intended to cook, but my girlfriend got home and wanted to cook for me. So at first, I said okay.

She decided to do the dishes first, and then started picking up the apartment a little bit at a time. I was started to get antsy about having dinner soon. So she started getting stuff out of the fridge that we would need, and I couldn't handle it. I HAD to make dinner. Something came over me that was like, "You should be cooking. You want to cook, get in there and do it." So I did.

She was, of course, a little put off by it at first, but I had her help me. I taught her how to hold a knife correctly and she sliced the sausage up for me. I showed her how to caramelize onions, and the whole thing really was quite fun and relaxing once I was in control.

Chicken apple sausage pizza, with caramelized, balsamic onions, spinach, and gorgonzola cheese.... Delicious. It was truly excellent. I would upload a photo, but apparently the server does not approve of my photo selection. I will have to do it some other way.

After dinner, we watched Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy. I killed it at Wheel. I got all of the puzzles before the contestants, and most importantly before my girlfriend. (I'm a bit competitive.) She worked hard at some grad school stuff and was fluttering all about the entire time. I just kicked back, with a throw blanket, all of the extra pillows on the couch, and the remote. Ahhh... the way life should be, but usually isn't.

To wrap up my post, just remember how regular and seemingly "normal" that night seemed, because honestly, the rest of my nights are about the same and just as boring. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment